Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Refunds" are possible

Have been away for a bit on Holiday, but want to get some further information out to those that are watching this blog.

While many have been patiently and impatiently waiting for Chris to deliver a BrewBot to them, many others have been asking about refunds or assumed that their money is lost.

I started emailing Chris in December, 2016 to see if after three years something factual could finally be shared and will post that email chain soon. I'm speculating, but it appears that the creation of this blog and posts on the Kickstarter and BrewBot Forums put some pressure on Chris to re-engage with the backers, but he still never delivered anything other than weak "news coming soon" type content.

While not specifically asking for one, I was eventually offered a refund by Chris, payable via Paypal, in installments over several weeks (obvious cash flow issues!). I accepted his offer and eventually received a total of approximately $1,750 of the $2,500 (USD) that Kickstarter removed from my account on October 22, 2013. Unfortunately, due to currency fluctuations, the value of my pledge in USD is now less than the GBP pledge amount of 1,500.

Brewbot and Kickstarter now believe that they have refunded me and my access to the forums has been revoked.

I disagree and will continue to pursue a refund in full, BrewBot and Kickstarter accountability, and perhaps some real answers for the backers on what happened, and what the plans are for BrewBot.

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard anything on this. I asked for a refund a while back, was told I was on the list and heard nothing back...

    ReplyDelete